7/18/2011

DAY 9 JULY 15 TONY ROBBINS DAY 2 TURN DREAMS INTO REALITY

"We are bit creatures of circumstance, we are creators of circumstance."     Benjamin Disraeli

Tony is a believer in the power of success conditioning.  Clarity is power and that leaders have "it".  So what is that I really want in my life now that I am "retired"?  Am I living an OUTSTANDING LIFE?  I am blessed to be able to travel and work with our wounded VETS and military families and I am sure I could step it up.  After starting and building a business for 25 years I guess I needed a couple of years to blow off some steam and see what would pull (or push?) me to that next level and chapter.


I am really committed and here to leave with a clear understanding of what it is I truly want most in my life...besides Grandchildren, a six pack and a wrinkle free kisser.  What am I passionate about?  What really drives me in life?  So what would unleashing my power look like?   Boca- decide, commit and RESOLVE!





COME ON BOCA- IT'S DO POWER NOT WILLPOWER!  You have known for years that all successful people have a coach (mentor, teacher or parent) who pushed them beyond what they thought they could do.  And I have been blessed to still have those coaches as my friends today.  Thank you Len, Jack and Jerry- and George the GURU mentor of many.  As a matter of fact it has been suggested that I do Life Coaching.  Life Coaching? Huh?  Sounds like some of that California Mumbo Jumbo.  Aha, not so fast Boca.  So I checked it out in my normal compulsive way- scour the Internet, call people who do this for a living, sign up for email/info/newsletters, find out what type of certification is needed (none- OMG), classes, courses, and naturally ordered 28 books from Amazon to check it out.  Bubba says I already do it so I should get paid for it...  It's that already and always way of being...as some would say busting chops.  Is this something I could do pro bono with my Fallen Soldiers wives?  kids?  Yeah, now that gets me "all jacked up" but in a good way.  Is that my Driving Force?  How can I be more valuable to that community?

Included in taking this Seminar is 1 hour of  an Anthony Robbins Company Coaching Session.  You could have completed the session on the phone before the seminar, or during the seminar- good idea but lines way to long- or do a follow up phone session post seminar.  Will do.  I love the Coaching concept and my mentor and now friend Len taught me much about Coaching and Team...back in the day.  As Tony said  an extraordinary quality of life requires mastering two skills: 1) the ability to produce results and to take anything you envision and make it real and 2) the ability to feel happiness and joy in the process and to delight in the experience of life.   And the secret to wealth and happiness is to become a TEAM player.  When I showed up at Len's door (my MBA training for George Washington Univ during my residency) I couldn't even spell Team.  Must be that Serbian thing again.....  Len modeled consummate coaching and team playing.   He taught me how how to build my Team muscle and how to create what Tony calls- "Magic Moments".   Thank you Len it served me well.  Look forward to seeing you in a few weeks while here in Chi town.




"One man has enthusiasm for 30 minutes, another for 30 days, but it is the man who has it for 30 years who makes a success of his life."                                          Edward B. Butler


So while I have been living an excellent life- why not an OUTSTANDING LIFE?  I needed Tony to remind me what I learned from my mentor and friend Jack about the word OUTSTANDING.  Jack, reminded me all the time that life is OUTSTANDING if we choose it.  It took awhile for that notion and belief to permeate my Serbian thick head back in the day (the 1970's).  We will be visiting Jack up in Wisconsin next week.  He and his family have gone through what most of us would call the biggest FEAR of a parent/grandparent- he lost his 17 year old son, David and his precious grand baby Taylor this past year.   I pray that I will finally have the strength to step up and be a "support" and good friend to the man who taught me all about OUTSTANDING.  And thank you Tony for reminding me of that definition and choice I have everyday.

Another Tony Robins philosophy that my mentor and friend Jerry taught me was about the power of our beliefs and the 3 beliefs for lasting success:  1.  It MUST change NOW.  2.  I must change it NOW.  3.  I CAN change it NOW.  Well, uh, Jerry was my first boss out of Grad School.  I would introduce him as my boss and he would dryly remark "Are you kidding?  She has no boss".   Jerry I look forward to seeing you in August.  I so love visiting Chicago.  It's such a joy to reminisce and laugh about those good old days....

And the Granddaddy Coach and Guru of many George, he's always ONE BUD WISER.  You're picking up the tab this time!!  Hey, I wonder if any of my "old" coaches are interested in the job????

So you're probably thinking, hey Boca, if you had learned all of this stuff years back then why did you go to the TR seminar?  Muscle building baby, muscle building...I was getting a little flabby with the "retirement" and needed that B12 and more importantly figure it out and STEPPING IT UP.

C.A.N.I.  - constant and never ending improvement....

OH MOM, don't you think you should sign me up for the Platinum Partnership?  The What???  "The planet is our playground...love is our legacy.  Elite members of the exclusive Platinum Partnership demonstrate a remarkable passion for life and a concrete resolve to raise their standards in every fact of life.  Platinum Partnership constitutes an exceptional brain trust and an unparalleled opportunity for networking.  Together they have the privilege to empower others and profoundly touch the lives of those most in need."   Sounds like one big "Magic Moment Al"- Hell No.  But nice try.  I believe she mumbled that no wine drinking has made her a very boing shopper...dang.

THE PLEEPSTER AND SIS ARE LEARNING AND GROWING TOO- PLENTY OF BANANAS HERE FOR THE BREAK...what break????