7/08/2011

Day 2 JULY 8 MUD BOGGIN AND HOTLANTA TOYS R US

Yes, up early and out-no Abby's Cheese Grits, Sausage and Biscuits..."must go see a hunting property that's for sale".   Since Bubba sold his farm he just hasn't been the same.  Where is Hawthorne Florida?  Near the Ocala National Forest and next to a Wild Life Management Area/10,000 acre- Laklosa.   Lakwhata?  Ok Bubba you're the driver.  I guess he figured this was payback for the past 40 days- yes I so wanted to see some hunting property in the middle of ...where?  Bubba babbled on with excitement about the Internet pictures featuring this property...hogs, deers, turkeys and ducks!   " And the only reason the property is this price - meaning Bubba worthy- is due to this blasted "shovel ready" economy."   But Bubba it's only 4 hours from Boca are ya sure it's Bubba worthy???


 And you can imagine the look on my face when we pulled in and this is what greeted us.....Bubba's eyes lit up...."hot damn, I think I'm gonna like this place honey!"  Bubs, why are those boots upside down on the hood???  Oh  those are the pipes - snorkeling tubes so he can go in deep water.  And because?  I can see it coming...Bubba will want his own "mud" truck and insist it be part of any potential deal.  And because?  A boy and his toys.    And the requisite trampoline was another plus....yes for our one day grandchildren I am sure.  Bubba has roots too I suppose.
When I finally got out of the car wondering what the heck happened to Bubs the "Blue" pup (Blue American Pit Bull) was all over me- I screamed and screamed and just like the question if a tree falls in the woods does it make a sound?  And all I could do was to run back to the Q and lock myself in....glaring at Bubba's cell phone in the console....  Yes this was a Bubba kind of a place.  And just like Bubs last farm, up in South Carolina I only visited it once.  I am sure this will be deja vu.

 Come on Bubba we need to get up to Atlanta.  I know your buddy Fisak aka the Silver Fox of Buckhead is waiting for you.....to top of a banner day it was a night of boys and their toys....and I thought I was done with that 40 day nightmare!