9/03/2011

DAY 52 AUGUST 28 TRIATHLON FUN AND SH-LANIGANS

29th ANNUAL LIFETIME CHICAGO TRIATHLON
More than 10,000 athletes swam, biked and ran.  Though the water was choppy and the wind blew in powerful gusts it was a beautiful Chicago day to watch the racers from the boat.  Even the Mayor, Rahm and Ryan Sutter, the winner of the first season of the "The Bachelorette" were in the race.  We enjoyed cousin Randy's sailboat for viewing.  Actually he is the son of my cousin "Cookie"-works at JP Morgan full time and completing his MBA at Univ. of Chicago- now that's a busy boy.  We also enjoyed his hottie gal pal-Katelyn-smart and cute. 
 I understand the triathletes lives  revolve around their sport.  My darling pal Mary signed me up for a 5K run in Asheville, North Carolina- on my birthday Nov. 5.  She now reminds me daily of the preparation I must do.  A pedometer?  Hope springs eternal.  And here I thought it was just going to be a fun girls weekend of spa, Biltmoring, shopping in Highlands and a glass of wine or two.  Run?
CLAN LANIGAN
My childhood friend, Lesley,  picked me up for a ride to the south suburbs and a visit  to see her kids and grands.  They all work at the family business, Mi-Jack Products.  Their Grandfather started the company in Dolton with  his two sons (their Dad and Uncles) in the garage.  The company has grown to a very successful and large corporation.  Grandpa, now 84, goes to work every day.  Still coming up with innovative ideas for material handling and machinery for the transportation industries.  Now how's that for a "senior moment"!  Talk about an extraordinarily successful business.  I have watched the kids and the family business grow up together, with great pride and admiration of both.  Go Lanigans!
JIMMY AND JEN'S
A review of the gorgeous wedding album shot at their Palmer House wedding.  After oohing and ahhing, we woke the new baby and more oohing and ahhing of  baby girl-  Eryn!






Mom and Eryn aw www.  Grandma Leslie and I went back and forth holding this precious little baby.  I offered babysitting anytime I was in town and softly kept mumbling, I want one, I want one, I want one. 



 And my "boy" Jimmy also has two other loves- ol"Jenks and his Orange Juliuss.  The Lanigans have always loved their toys!
NEXT STOP KRIS AND SCOTT
Around the corner from Jimmy's is Sis Kris.  Scott and Krissy have 4 kids-Zachary, Justin, Kyle and a perfect girly girl Kara.  Well mannered and well behaved, it has been fun watching them grow up.  First stop ZABINSKI'S SPORTS CLUB. 


 Down to the "basement" we go....Chicagoans and their basements, always a source of pride.  How's that for your typical basement bar?  Seating for 10 at the bar and 150 of your closest buddies to watch the game.  


Or watch your brothers sports films....nothing done on a small scale for these sports fans.  Hey Kara, a lot of testosterone in that house.  Poor thing has become close to a professional cheerleader for those 3 brothers- yea team!


This incredible household runs like a top or was that Topsy turvey...how about that laundry room with 2 cherry red washers and 2 cherry red driers.  Is that a girls version of a hot rod? Constantly going round and round.  VARRRROOOOM!



JOHNNIES HIDEAWAY
Around the corner from Kris is bro Johnny.  How's that for brotherly and sisterly love and closeness.  More of that Chicago uniqueness.  And Dad is around the next corner of course!  Johnny has a house of estrogen- wife Mindy and 3 girls-Kaitlyn, Payton and Madelyn.  All so sweet and cute.   And his other baby...

His '57 CHEVY....













Bubba's dream ride.  Oh yeah.  Johnny has been working on it for 13 years.  Nice job John.  Wow.  As I mentioned those Lanigans really love their toys.  They are also involved in some car thing at the Indy 500.  Like Father Like Son.  Good to see my "other" kids.  You all are doing great.  God Bless!